Thursday, June 21, 2012

Last day at HPC

Borey, pointing to his name way up at the top! :)
Our team and the AMAZING HPC staff

         Today was our last day at the Boys Center and the Wat. I can't believe how fast these last 3 days have gone, but each day was stuffed with exciting events. I have to admit, I'm exhausted but it's worth it, teaching English in the morning and playing with street kids in the afternoon. They all really stole my heart, from the boys repeating "floor" over and over again and still not pronouncing it right, to the little girl who told me I smelled bad. Every single kid was adorable and I'm dumbfounded to think that they might be loved less than they should be, but when I see how much the HPC staff loves them and plays with them, I feel a little better.

          But really, this week has been an amazing, especially at the Wat. When I'm playing with street kids and teaching them how to make puppets or something with yarn, their smiles are simply unforgettable. Seeing bursts of joy coming out of their sorrowful eyes, I can only thank God for using the team and I to spread His light. It truly is a blessing just to be with them and do something simple, like twirl the jump rope for them or help them fit their lego-like blocks together. I think I may even enjoy it as much if not more than they do. Although they're all coming from hard situations, I have faith that God's moving in their lives,
Michaila

No comments:

Post a Comment